- Once accepted into Purity Gaming, all members are on a trial for a minimum of 1 month. This fact is explained in the application forms and agreed to by all new applicants but is very often forgotten. During the trial period, trial members need to prove that they are able to abide by the rules below and continue to do so after being ‘Knighted’ as official members of the guild.
- Failure to comply with any one of these rules may result in a strong warning or a dismissal from the guild.
1. All members are to be very active on the guild Discord server.
Activity in the guild is crucial. Unless otherwise specified or a commitment is made, members are not expected to be extremely active on a game or be forced to play a game they have lost interest for. If a member wishes to quit a game, they have a right to do so. However, activity in the community itself is obligatory.
2. All members are required to be on the Purity Gaming discord server whenever they’re online.
A good majority of those removed from the guild have not been able to follow this simple rule. This does not mean that you must be in a voice channel or be taking part in every conversation, it means that you must be connected to and be idling on the Purity Gaming discord server whenever you’re connected to the internet.
3. No use of third party programs that are against the terms and conditions of a game.
No bots, aim bots, map hacks etc.
4. Purity Gaming is a multi-gaming guild and therefore expects each of its members to be in Purity Gaming for all official guild games.
If we’re playing a game and you are as well, you must be in Purity gaming and not another guild/team/group.
We are not here for your entertainment. No one is going to spoon feed you ‘fun’. All members are expected to contribute to the ‘fun’ via videos, pictures, conversations, jokes etc. One cannot sit there silently on Discord while everyone else talks and they just ‘listen’. This rule goes hand in hand with rule #1.
6. Be proactive.
We should not have to roll out the red carpet for you to want to play with Purity Gaming. Join in on Discord chats, voice conversations and Games without having to be told to do so. Don’t wait for an invite to start playing a game, start the group if there’s not already one in place.
7. Be respectful.
You joined us, we didn’t beg you to join. You abide by our values and rules; we don’t have to abide by yours. Give Purity Gaming the respect it deserves and in turn you will be given the respect you deserve.
8. Take criticism and do as you’re told.
Don’t defend yourself or talk back when a higher ranking member tells you something. If asked to switch characters, do it. If told to retreat, do it. Just do as told and be positive about it. Most criticism will be constructive, some will not be. You need to be able to handle it.
9. We don’t want your leadership, direction or advice.
If accepted into Purity Gaming, you’re accepted as the bottom of the barrel and not into a leadership position. If no one asks you for your advice, don’t give it. If no one asked for your leadership, don’t order people around.
10. No anti-socialism.
Purity Gaming is a community, if you wish to play quietly by yourself or with your own real life friendship circle, then do so and do not apply to Purity Gaming. Do not expect to just play with Purity Gaming without communication if and/or when it suits you.
11. No excuses.
“I’ve had a really long day” while playing like shit. “I’m lagging” only when dying. “Oops, I thought I was already on Discord!” when being asked to be on Discord. “I’ve been so busy! I haven’t got time for games lately” Then seeing several hours clocked on another game. These are a few of the excuses we see very often and know that the majority of the time, it’s bullshit. You might slip by once, but if done multiple times, expect a dismissal.
12. No bitching, whining, crying and depression.
Yes, life is hard. We don’t want to see it constantly affecting your gaming. This rule goes hand in hand with rule #11.
13. Make Purity Gaming a priority.
If Purity Gaming is not a priority for you, you are not a priority for Purity Gaming. Don’t be surprised when demoted or removed.
If you’re not going to be online for a week, If you can’t make an appointment with the guild, If there’s an issues in real life that’s affecting your gaming. Let people know.
15. Be punctual.
If you say you’re going to be on by a specific time, make sure you make it on time. This rule goes hand in hand with rule #14.
16. No unwanted flirting.
Yes, we have both males & females in the guild. No, they probably don’t like you in ‘that’ way. No, continuously joking with them and showing only them attention will not make them like you. Yes, it’s very obvious when you single out males/females and never talk directly with the other males/females in the guild. Treat the males and females in the guild the same.
17. No NSFW content on Discord.
This rule is self explanatory.
18. No Dank Memes.
If you can’t tell already, Purity Gaming is not ‘that’ kind of guild.
19. Follow the titles.
No pictures in the videos sections, No videos in the chat sections etc.
20. No actual racism, sexism, feminism, bigotry.
Joking is fine, once you know how it’s done. Getting online in the first week stating racial slurs as a ‘joke’ will get you removed from the guild quite swiftly.
21. No ditching Purity Gaming to play the same game by yourself.
If you have the option to play a game with the guild or play alone, choose the former.
22. No ditching Purity Gaming to play the same game with your friends.
If you’re already in a group with Purity Gaming members, you’re not allowed to leave because your friends have summoned you.
23. All members are to show the games they’re playing on Discord.
Showing the game that you’re playing encourages others to join you. There’s no reason to hide what game you’re playing.
24. Skill and Progression is a must.
Each title will have a certain level of skill required. If you do not currently meet that standard, you must show constant progression and prove that you’re swiftly closing that skill gap.